Skip to content
Track the progress we’re making on the collaboration plan:
- Convene a consensus development program and a stakeholder consensus group that includes leaders in the disability community in the development of medical guidelines that impact people with disabilities and other historically marginalized populations.
- Develop an online database to connect medical organizations and patient advocacy groups.
- Advocate to mandate the inclusion of disability education and equity curriculum in education for the healthcare workforce.
- Create or identify an institutional home to be the clearinghouse/hub of information for providers and patients to go to with all conditions commonly screened, information about conditions, recommended organizations.
- Develop a collaborative policy group between patient advocacy organizations and medical organizations to work together on policy and advocacy initiatives
- Improve tools to help clinicians when delivering a diagnosis.
- Work collaboratively to present at national conferences and present to member institutions on the following topics:
- Work on collaborative research projects on the following topics as well as other topics determined through interdisciplinary conversations about research priorities.
- Create a collaborative document outlining steps to redefine organizational priorities and principles regarding data instrumentation for collecting and conveying data about disabilities.
- Develop templates, initiatives, and campaigns to be used for public awareness and general education purposes.